Not sure how to begin your research? Try following the sequence:
- Check sources for background information. Look for the who, what, when and where of your topic in an online or print dictionary or encyclopedia.
- Check most useful and useful research databases. Check your topic in discipline based databases to find specific journal articles and some book references.
- Search COAST, the CSULB online catalog. Find an online or print book, links to full-text resources and media using keywords on your topic.
- Search selected Internet sites. Search for your topic on selected anthropology sites. Media sites may add interest and currency to your research.
- Cite your resources using the appropriate citation method. Try using onle of the following free citation managment tools: Zotero or RefWorks. Rmember most databases allow the citations to be sent to you formatted in the desired citation format.
- If you need further assistance contact the American Indian Studies Librarian. Contact Info: Send Email.