Getting an Account
CSULB FACULTY & STAFF:
Faculty and Staff Only: Connect to Qualtrics using your employee campus id and password.
Faculty should contact the ATS Software Depot team to request classroom account privileges for their students when teaching Qualtrics and web-based surveying.
Students can take advantage of the Qualtrics web-based survey tool by creating a free trial account.
Users are responsible for managing project surveys and backing up any survey data collected through this application.
What is Qualtrics?
Qualtrics is a simple to use web-based survey tool to conduct survey research, evaluations and other data collection activities. Anyone (with no experience) can use this research suite to build surveys, send surveys and analyze responses - all from any online location, any time you need!
Benefits of Qualtrics
The Qualtrics survey tool is entirely web-based and offers the following features:
- It's free
- No need to install software
- Easy to use point and click interface - Process is simple and fast, and results are easy to access!
- Anyone can create surveys with graphics, complex branching and randomization
- Over 85 question types
- Many question and survey templates to choose
- Tools for basic and advanced users and surveys
- Ability to upload graphics and multimedia content in your surveys
- Online posting allows for a wider audience
- Multiple surveys can be posted at the same time and in 48 different languages
- Capability for respondents to stop in mid-survey and resume later where they left off
- Built-in dynamic reporting tools
- Ability to export data directly to SPSS, CSV, PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Real time collaboration opportunities - sharing can be done with other CSULB and non-CSULB users
- Free online training webinars from Qualtrics
- Live support from Qualtrics staff
CSULB Qualtrics Installation Policy
CSULB has a Qualtrics license allowing faculty and staff to directly use Qualtrics for university-related business. It is an annual subscription coordinated by Academic Technology Services.
Using Qualtrics for personal, commercial or other non-academic endeavors is not allowed.
Use of Qualtrics is bound by Qualtrics' Acceptable Use Statement [opens new window].
The new subscription term is from October 21 2011 through October 20, 2012.
Users must comply with the CSULB Institutional Review Board's policies regarding data collection and the use of email.
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs' Policies and Executive Orders can be found at http://www.csulb.edu/divisions/aa/research/our/information/policies/ [opens new window].
The Institutional Review Board's Manual can be reviewed at http://www.csulb.edu/divisions/aa/research/our/compliance/irb/ [opens new window].
Do not collect personally identifiable information, including health information, social security number, driver licenses, or credit card numbers.