Activating your survey allows you to begin collecting survey responses. By default, any survey you create is inactive. This keeps respondents from taking the survey before it is finished and ensures you won’t collect any invalid data or release an unfinished survey.
- On the My Surveys page, click the check box on the left side of the survey name. The box will turn green.
- On the Distribute Survey page, click the link that says Activate your survey to collect responses. The anonymous survey link will then be available to you.
Deactivate your survey when you’re done collecting responses.
- On the My Surveys page, click the green check box on the left side of the survey name.
- If you want to allow those with partial responses more time to complete the survey, then un-check the Close all active survey sessions option.
- Type the word close in the box provided, and click Deactivate Survey.