Off-Campus Access (via SSO and your Campus ID and password)
My Library Account (via your Campus ID and password)
Interlibrary Services (Info on CSU+ and BeachReach)
There is no standard citation style that covers the whole of engineering and each of the disciplines within engineering defaults to using the style used by their major professional association for their scholarly journals. LeHigh University maintains an excellent list of engineering citation styles:
Here at CSULB, we have been using the APA for ENGR 101 and 102.
To find information on APA and other style guides, use CSULB's Style Manual and Citations Methods guide
Information resouces play a very important role in the brainstorming process:
· Finding alternative solutions – never one solution
· There is no right or wrong answer to solving the problem
· How did others solve or try to solve the problem(s)?
· Has your problem been solved?
· Has someone invented what you are trying to invent?
· What is the market for your design?
Searching library databases and other information resources will assist you in trying to answer these questions.
Using an example in this session will illustrate how to use these resources.
Have a question about the Library? Ask below...