Choose your topic
- Keep current on new content in your field by registering for updates (See the About Alerts tab to learn more)
- Examine literature reviews in your area of interest (See the Databases tab to learn more)
Identify gaps in the research
- Gap statements describe unanswered research questions on the topic
- Find gap statements in the most recently cited and most relevant materials
- The types of materials most likely to provide gap statements:
- Literature Reviews, Systematic Review and Meta Analysis
- Add these phrases to your search terms:
- "Systematic Review"
- "Literature Review"
- "further research"
- Identify unanswered questions on the topic to formulate your research question and hypotheses