1) It's the law.
2) Information ethics are not situational.
3) We lead by example for our students and colleagues.
4) It's the right thing to do.
Use Campus Reources:
- The Library's Reserve systems; electronic and print
- The 49er Shops Faculty resources
- Use BeachBoard, but use it wisely and do your due diligence!
- Common Scenarios have real-life examples of using copyrighted materials in real situations.
- Fair Use Checklist from Columbia University.
- Copyright Slider Tool, which can help you determine if permission is needed.
- Compliance Guidelines for Faculty page, which includes how to obtain permission for using copyrighted materials.
Help page, for books, websites and the human who can help!